But, I thought I'd take a second and fill you all in on my life and what is happening in my life!
So, first of all I moved to Salt Lake City! I got a $27,000/year scholarship to Westminster College and I am there singing now! It is definitely an interesting change, but it is very accepting and pretty fun so far! I am singing in their chamber choir and they made me a section leader which kind of sucks... I guess I don't get to be too lazy anymore. As a choir we are traveling across France for two weeks this coming May!
I am also their lead tenor in the Opera program, so I am playing Fenton in The Merry Wives of Windsor this January!
Another cool thing happened this past weekend as well! Thursday night I got a phone call from a random number which I usually don't answer, but I chose to pick up thinking it was a possible car interest (because I am also selling my car) BUT, it ended up being the Utah Opera Company! They called and offered me a spot in their chorus for the upcoming Opera Tosca. I am so excited to be a part of a professional show and get paid to sing actually! It is very intimidating in rehearsals because I am by far the youngest person there. I think I am the only one under 30! But it has been such an incredible experience and I can't wait to preform at the Capitol Theatre!
| These are the scores I am working on! One in English and the other in Italian! |
| My very first Porfessional Contract! Check out that Hancock!;) |
Fantastic news Eric! Congratulations on all of these great accomplishments. If there is any way for these to be recorded, I would love to hear you sing.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing all this with us. I love that you are trying new things and having amazing experiences in your life. Can't wait to see you in the upcoming show.. (Adam, I will try to video some of it so you can hear) On with the show!!!!
ReplyDelete